Donations in October
Jay and Carolyn Berfas
Stanley and Roberta Kaplan
Anthony and Francine Fontana
Menachem Kastner and Sherry Shaw
Horton-Mathie Funeral Home
Dr. William Packard
Stony Brook Eastern Long Island Hospital
Paul and Pamela Birman
Gerard and Monica O’Grady
Eli Martin and Susannah Leete
Michael and Kelly Hershey
Barry and Rena Wiseman
Ken Homan/Braun’s Seafood
The Ink Spot
Bruce and Sara Bloom
Miriam Gabriel and Adrianne Greenberg
Marc and Joanne Kopmen
Lloyd and Randi Straus
Larry and Jodi Jaffe
Joseph and Elizabeth Brittman
James Sausmer and Family
Philip and Elaine Goldman
Gayer Tax Service
Rochelle and Alan Garmise
- Capital Improvement: covers major additions and repairs to our building and grounds.
- Archive/Library: supports new books for our library, plus archival materials.
- Education: provides supplies/materials for the Hebrew School and adult education classes.
- Ritual Materials: replaces prayer books, tallit, kippah, Torah mantles, Rimmonim, breastplates, curtains, reader’s table covers, etc.
- Rabbi’s Discretionary Fund: allows the rabbi to provide help when he is asked.
- Financial Assistance Fund: supports those in need in Southold Town.
- Harold Winters Fund For the Hebrew School: supports Jewish education.
- Paul S. Birman Technology Fund: supports updates and new communication programs.
- Marshall S. Hurwitz Fund for Special Programs and Projects: supports cultural endeavors for the shul and community.
Invest In Our Shul
- Bequest: Make a gift to the shul with an inclusion in your will.
- Charitable Gift Annuity: A cash or appreciated stock gift provides fixed income for life.
- Life Insurance Policy: Contribute a fully-paid or new policy with the shul as owner.
- Life Estate: Donate real estate through a grant deed, and use the property for life.
- Charitable Remainder Unitrust: This investment allows the contributor a tax
deduction and an income for life. Upon death, the balance in the trust goes to the charity.
Honor Loved Ones With A Plaque
- Memorial Plaque: mounted in the sanctuary, lighted during the anniversary month.
Cost: $300 members; $600 nonmembers.
- Tree of Life Leaf: commemorates a simcha or joyous event, mounted in social hall. Cost: $54 members; $108 nonmembers.
- Sanctuary Seat Plate: nameplate is placed on the back of a seat in the sanctuary.
Cost: $200 members; $250 nonmembers.
- SCHEDULE OF SYNAGOGUE FEES •
Membership Per Year
Event Members Nonmembers
Wedding, Bar/Bat Mitzvah, Baby Naming* $450 $900
Sanctuary Only No charge $300
Community Room Only $25 per hour $50 per hour
Community Room, Kitchen and Park $300 $600
Rabbi’s classes No charge No charge
Commemoratives Members Nonmembers
Memorial Plaques $300 $600
Tree of Life Leaf $54 $108
Prayer Book Bookplate $54 $54
Pentateuch Bookplate $72 $72
Sanctuary Seat Plate $200 $250**
Isidore Handler Hebrew School No charge No charge
*Fee includes use of the sanctuary, community room, kosher kitchen, and Andrew Levin Park. Setup and cleanup fees will be paid by the individual or group renting the facilities. Renters of our facilities must submit an agreement 10 days prior to the event.
** A seat plate designee must be a member or a deceased member of the synagogue.